Sunday Sept. 25th: Beyond Sunday Mornings – Congregational Ministries There are so many opportunities to serve our beloved community- and so many rewards in that service! This morning, we’ll explore the work of some of our ministry teams, and leaders will share stories of why they serve.
If you don’t receive our weekly newsletter yet, you can sign up here.
Small Group Ministry – descriptions of groups – – see your weekly newsletter for Zoom links
- Wednesday – Meditation Group 6:30-7 on zoom
- Thursday – Sacred Breath Choir 7:00 in person with virtual option (see description)
- Sunday – Octavia’s Parables Discussion Group 6-7 on zoom
- Monday – Journaling Group (every other Monday, meets next 9/26) 7-8 on zoom
Sept. 25th 10- 2 Prairie UU Building Dedication and Fair – Let’s go together! Reebers will gather to carpool to the Open House at 11:30.
Sunday, October 2 – BYOP (Bring Your Own Picnic) to the green space behind our building for our last picnic of the year, following Sunday Service
Saturday, October 8 6pm – Virtual Dinner Party With Rev. Karen on Zoom! – click for details
Saturday-Sunday, October 15-16 – Campout at Lake Farm Park! Come for Saturday afternoon, stay for the campfire, stay all night… you choose. Oh, and pray for good weather.
Saturday, November 5 9:00-2:00 – Exploring Membership Class at JRUUC, including lunch. If you’re thinking about joining our congregation or simply want to learn more about Unitarian Universalism, the history of James Reeb, and what it means to be a member here, please join Rev. Karen and representatives of the Membership Team for this one-day, in-person event! Registration is required, so contact Mary Wagner or Rev. Karen to sign up or fill out the form on this page. Registration deadline is November 1.
Nov. 12th – Reeb Rave – Party & Auction Fundraiser – Your ideas are welcome now! Join the team making it happen.
- Collecting items at Reeb for those experiencing homelessness
- 8th Principle and Reeb
- UU the Vote – Local action and WUUSAN
- MARRCH (Madison Abortion and Reproductive Rights Coalition for Healthcare) Activities
- MARCCH Sunday Sept. 24th – 10-4 Rally
Religious Education and Family Ministry Update – click for details
- New Activities Schedule for Children, Youth & Families – starts in October
- Coming of Age – email coming out soon for scheduling
- Help needed for Busy Hands table during services
Music and Choir Update – click for details
- Regular rehearsals began September 8th, Thursdays at 7 – new folks are welcome, email Heather if it is your first time coming
- Choir will sing again this week! and special music “Carry Me” and “Lean on Me”
Membership Gatherings – click for details
Our September theme: The Path of Belonging
Our September theme invites us to reflect on many layers of belonging – our own and that of others. It’s not just about us getting to come inside the circle; it’s that we get to participate in expanding it. As the circle grows so do we! In this space, you’ll find a new invitation into reflection on our monthly theme every week.
Check-in question: When was the first time you thought to yourself, “Now I belong”?
Somewhere, there are people to whom we can speak with passion without having the words catch in our throats. Somewhere a circle of hands will open to receive us, eyes will light up as we enter, voices will celebrate with us whenever we come into our own power. Community means strength that joins our strength to do the work that needs to be done. Arms to hold us when we falter. A circle of healing. A circle of friends. Someplace where we can be free.– Starhawk
Rev. Karen’s Musing for this week – Together & 8th Principle
NOTE: Deadline for Announcements is Tuesday at 10 p.m. Submit announcements for the website any time. Please send your announcement to firstname.lastname@example.org and specify where you would like it listed by writing Sunday Announcement and/or Weekly and/or Website in the subject line of your email.
- 8th Principle Work
- UU the Vote
- Side With Love – social action
- UUA News