COVID-19 Level 4
Level 4 – James Reeb Unitarian Universalist Congregation Strategic Plan for Operations during the COVID-19 Pandemic – Revised August 2021
The guidelines of this level are to be implemented immediately if even one of the conditions below should occur. These guidelines will remain in effect until all the situational criteria for the next lower level have been met for two consecutive weeks.
COVID Act Now Metrics for Dane County are at the following levels:
- Daily new cases per 100K “10-25” (orange) or higher
- Infection rate “1.1-1.4” (orange) or higher
- Positive test rate “10-20%” (orange) or higher
And/or state, county, and/or city authorities have mandated a stay-at-home order.
Building Accessibility and Use
The building is closed.
Hand sanitizer is placed in appropriate locations throughout the building.
Entry is only permitted for:
- essential business, which is defined as payroll, bills, check signing, access to resources, and building safety and maintenance.
- leading worship from the sanctuary
If two or more individuals are required to carry out essential business within the building, they are to maintain a physical distance of 6’ or more, wear masks and gloves, and wash hands at each opportunity.
The building may be used for emergency community support under the following guidelines:
- Maximum numbers by room:
- Sanctuary (2100 sq. ft.): maximum 18 (or whatever Dane County orders permit, whichever is less)
- Multipurpose room (800 sq. ft.): maximum 7
- Front classroom (246 sq. ft.): maximum 2
- Wash one’s hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after one has been in a public place, or after blowing one’s nose, coughing, or sneezing
- Avoid close contact
- Stay at least 6 feet (about 2 arms’ length) from other people.
- All people over the age of 2 years will cover their mouth and nose with a mask at all times when inside the building, unless it interferes with medical treatment.
- Cover coughs and sneezes.
Congregational Life – Worship and Program
Sunday services are prepared and disseminated on-line, from home(s), or with one person in the sanctuary.
All group gatherings, including but not limited to meetings, religious education, Covenant Groups, and choir, take place either:
- virtually, with participants at home as individuals or family groups, or
- outdoors in accordance with the guidelines for outdoor gatherings that appear below.
All gatherings and meetings will include an online accessibility option for those not able to gather physically. Online options might include separate virtual gatherings for people not able to attend in-person gatherings, a set time to “stream in” people who’d like to greet people attending an in-person event, a Zoom option for meetings, or any other creative option that works toward wider inclusion.
All staff work remotely, except for essential business that must be conducted in the building. All meetings are held virtually.
- Keep the gathering to a size that can ensure proper distancing, or split it into smaller groups if necessary for distancing. The organizer of the gathering is responsible to implement the outdoor gathering guidelines for this level, to communicate them to participants as needed, and to provide a means of virtual participation.
- All participants will sign in, and the organizer will keep a copy of the sign-in sheet for two weeks in case contract tracing should be necessary.
- Ensure a physical distance from each other of at least six feet.
- Arrive at all outdoor gatherings wearing a mask. Masks may be removed if all participants explicitly express comfort in doing so.
- Singing masks must be worn while singing, chanting, or performing deep-breathing exercises, as these activities carry a higher risk of transmission of COVID‐19. These activities are limited to 30 minutes (in addition to any other speaking time).
- Bring hand sanitizer. Avoid touching one’s face and frequently wash or sanitize hands, if possible.
- Refrain from bringing items for sharing with others.
- In conjunction with outdoor events near the JRUUC building, one person or household at a time may enter the building for restroom use.
- Special considerations should be discussed if the gathering is to include small children and others who might find it hard to observe physical distancing.
Covid-19 Complete Strategic Plan – August 2021 version
We are currently at Level 4 of our COVID-19 Strategic Plan. All activities are online or outdoors (with virtual options).
Level 4 – 8/21 revision
Level 3 – 8/21 revision
Level 2 – 8/21 revision
Level 1 – 8/21 revision
Level 0 – 8/21 revision
Letter from Task Force – April 2021
FAQ – April 2021