Justice Work at JRUUC
JRUUC is involved in various initiatives to create Social Justice in our community, city, state, and world.
- Each week in our Share the Plate initiative we share half of our offertory with a community partner. In 2018/2019 JRUUC donated over $5,000 to organizations that share our mission.
- JRUUC has been active in MOSES, a state-wide interfaith organization, since the Summer of 2012.
- JRUUC has a Justice Leadership Team which meets monthly on the fourth Tuesday at 7 pm. All are welcome. See your weekly email for zoom link.
- The Justice Leadership Team, in conjunction with the Emerson East Neighborhood Association, holds a Sustainable Saturday Night on the 4th Saturday of the month, 6pm-9pm (virtual during COVID).
- The Justice Leadership Team coordinates our Share the Plate initiative. Nominate an organization for the Share the Plate initiative today!
Some of the Social Action projects Reeb members and friends engage with include:
- Picking up excess produce from the Dane County Farmers’ Market
- Making and serving breakfast for the Men’s Shelter once/month
- Organizing for statewide change in the prison system
- Educating about (im)migration issues and reform
- Advocating for racial justice via Groundwork and other means
- Supporting formerly incarcerated individuals via Madison-area Urban Ministry’s Circles of Support and Breaking Barriers Mentoring
- Helping with the efforts of Occupy Madison to build a Tiny Home Eco-Village
Read a nomination packet submitted to the UUA in hopes of receiving the Bennett Award in recognition of our congregations’ social justice commitment and action.
At the May 20, 2012 Congregational Meeting, JRUUC passed a Statement of Conscience on Over-incarceration.
At the May 17, 2015 Congregational Meeting, JRUUC passed a Statement of Conscience on Racial Justice.
At the May 21, 2017 Congregational Meeting, JRUUC passed a Solidarity Resolution.
Contact the JRUUC office to learn how to get involved in any of the above.