Religious Education & Family Ministry Update
- Family & RE News 11/28/23
- Religious Explorations Offering for Adults: “Workshop on Reparations” – Dec. 3rd
Family Offerings & Religious Education News 11/28/23
- This Sunday: This Sunday will be a multigenerational service with RE for all after the service. Elementary Aged children will meet in the front classroom, Youth will meet with Genevieve in the youth room, and Adults will meet with Karen in the sanctuary.
- Next Sunday: Next Sunday will be a multigenerational service with everyone in the sanctuary followed by our collaborative Youth Group held at Reeb from 12:30-1:30 pm.
- Holiday Programming: As the winter holiday season approaches I’m interested in hearing any suggestions or memories from the past around holiday events at Reeb. If there is a pre-COVID tradition you would like to bring back or new ideas you want to share please let me know!
- Community Meals: On third Sundays we invite everyone to join together after the service for a Community Meal. The meal will be provided, and there will be a request for donations- and as always, you’re welcome to come and eat regardless of your ability to make a donation. If you are interested in volunteering for this event or future community meals, either to bring food or to help set up, please email Genevieve at firstname.lastname@example.org or sign up with the sheet on the RE bulletin board.
Family Ministry Offerings each Sunday:
- First Sundays: Multigenerational worship followed by RE classes for everyone, including OWL
- Second Sundays: Multigenerational worship followed by high school youth group at JRUUC
- Third Sundays: RE classes for children (PK-5) and OWL during the service, and a community meal after
- Fourth Sundays: Multigenerational worship followed by high school youth group at FUS
- Fifth Sundays: Multigenerational fair with activities throughout the building
See descriptions below for more information on each offering.
Collaborative Youth Group: We’re excited to announce a Service and Social Justice oriented youth group for youth ages 13 and up in collaboration with First Unitarian Society. The group will meet on second and fourth Sundays at 12:30 pm and will alternate locations between Reeb and FUS. Please contact Genevieve for more information and to register.
Art Supplies Wanted: RE is always looking for donations of art and craft supplies, including but not limited to, magazines, egg cartons, markers, paint, glue, ect. A list of other requested supplies can be found on the RE Bulletin Board.
Religious Exploration Offering for Adults with Rev. Karen – Dec. 3rd
The next religious exploration offering for adults will be a workshop on reparations after the service on Sunday, Dec. 3. This will be a follow-up to the workshop led by Rev. Kerri Parker in October, and we’ll reflect on the spiritual grounding for reparations and consider concrete actions we might take as a congregation.