Join us for this service via an on-line Zoom Meeting
Meditation and mindfulness can allow us to more fully experience joy in our own lives and also appreciate and enjoy the joy in the lives of others. We will share thoughts, music, and practices that help us cultivate awareness of joy.
Our Share the Plate recipient this week is The River Food Pantry, South Central Wisconsin’s busiest food pantry. They work with local grocers to prevent food waste and provide free groceries, freshly prepared to-go meals, and mobile lunches for children and adults in low-income neighborhoods. Your funds will go to purchase foods not available as donations. They also have many opportunities to volunteer at their facility on Darwin Road.
Order of Service
- Gathering Song: #188 “Come, Come, Whoever You Are”
- Centering Sound
- Prelude: “La Valse d’Amelie,” Amy Lee
- Call to Worship
- Opening Hymn: #123 “Spirit of Life”
- Lighting the Chalice
- Musical Response
- Time for All Ages: “The Farmer Story,” Prince Ea
- Hymn: #1031 “May I Be Filled with Loving Kindness”
- Wisdom from the World’s Traditions: “Joy,” Pema Chodron
- Reflection: “Meditation and Joy” with Susan Podebradsky
- Offering: “Just One Thing,” Susan Podebradsky
- Joys and Sorrows
- Closing Hymn: #1009 “Meditation on Breathing”
- Extinguishing the Chalice and Benediction
- Postlude: “Perfect,” Ed Sheeran performed by Amy Lee
Notes from Service:
JRUUC has a weekly half-hour drop-in meditation group Wednesdays from 6:30-7:00 via Zoom. You can find the link in the weekly email each Wednesday.
Prince Ea’s Website (Teller of The Farmer Story)