You are a holy gift but what makes you feel that way? Join us as we explore how thinking about the end of life and your own eulogy may be one way to feel holy.
Today’s service is being lead by last year’s Board president isaac gadient, and this year’s president, Renee Buchanan.
[Due to technical difficulties, only Renee’s reflection was recorded today. We hope you can come another day to hear isaac speak!]
Today’s Share the Plate recipient is The River Food Pantry, South Central Wisconsin’s busiest food pantry. Services include free groceries, freshly prepared meals, online grocery orders and mobile meals. The River’s Munch Mobile Meal program delivers free, healthy lunches to children and adults in low-income neighborhoods throughout Madison.
Order of Service
- Gathering Song: #188 “Come, Come, Whoever You Are”
- Centering Sound
- Prelude: “Don’t Be Shy,” Cat Stevens (Yusuf Islam)
- Call to Worship
- Opening Hymn: #354 “We Laugh, We Cry”
- Lighting the Chalice
- Musical Response
- Time for All Ages: “Death in a Nutshell,”oral tradition tale as told by The Story Museum
- Hymn: #1064 “Blue Boat Home”
- Wisdom from the World’s Traditions: Readings from Thich Nhat Hanh and Oliver Sacks
- Reflection: “Eulogy for the Living” with isaac gadient
- Reflection: “Eulogy for the Living” with Renee Buchanan
- Offering: “Do You Realize,” The Flaming Lips, offered by isaac gadient
- Joys and Sorrows
- Closing Hymn: #86 “Blessed Spirit of My Life”
- Extinguishing the Chalice and Benediction
- Postlude: “From The Morning”, Nick Drake