Join us for this service via an on-line Zoom Meeting
Sacred Breath: Singing the Beloved Community into Being. Warm up for worship! Join us with special offerings from Sacred Breath Choir and Congregation members. Breathing, songs old and new, come to know the group singing experience and what it means for all of us.
Heather Yonker is the Music Director at JRUUC.
Honor the Earth uses indigenous wisdom, music, art, and the media to raise awareness and support for Indigenous Environmental Issues. They leverage this awareness and support to develop financial and political capital for Indigenous struggles for land and life. Currently they are opposing tar sands pipelines like Line 3 going through traditional tribal lands and waters.
Order of Service
- Gathering Song – “Sacred Circle” (new)
- Centering Sound
- Welcome We Share the Sacred Breath
- Prelude: I Lift My Voice
- Call to Worship – breathing in I am enough (Warm up)
- Opening Hymn: # 391, “Voice Still and Small”
- Lighting the Chalice #362 “Rise Up O Flame“
- Musical Response
- Message for all Ages: “Respiratory System – Dr. Binoc“
- Meditation: # 1009 “Meditation on Breathing”
- Hymn: # 149 “Lift Every Voice and Sing“
- Wisdom from the World’s Traditions: Inuit Throat Singing
- Reflection: “Singing the Beloved Community into Being”
- Offering: “These Hands, This Heart“
- Joys and Sorrows
- Closing Hymn: # 1001 “Breaths“
- Extinguishing the Chalice – Oxygen
- Benediction: “Carry It Home”
- Postlude: “Always Sing Your Song”