At JRUUC, it’s traditional for our Board of Trustees to lead a Sunday service from time to time. In keeping with this month’s theme, Board members Sophie Hannauer and Heike Saynisch will offer reflections on finding a center in the Reeb community.
The Share the Plate recipient for Jan. 22 and 29 will be the UUA Disaster Relief Fund, which provides flexible support for congregations affected by natural disasters. Our Disaster Relief Fund is part of a covenant between the UUA and congregations, between congregations who give generously and those in need, and with our community partners. Through aiding our congregations, their members and their community partners, we are able to embody our faith and values. Recently requests have come from California where heavy rains, high winds, and fallen trees caused significant damage to church buildings.
Order of Service
- Gathering Song: #188 “Come, Come, Whoever You Are”
- Prelude: “Designs at Daybreak,” Randall Hartsell
- Call to Worship
- Lighting the Chalice and Musical Response
- Shared Music: Hymn #360 – “Here We Have Gathered”
- Time for All Ages: “Stone Soup”, a European Folk Tale
- Wisdom from the World’s Traditions: “The Loveliest Word,” Deb Myrbo
- Reflection: “Finding Our Center in Community” with Sophie Hannauer and Heike Saynisch
- Offering: “Penn ar Lann,” Yann Tiersen
- Joys and Sorrows
- Shared Music: Hymn #1021 “Lean On Me”
- Extinguishing the Chalice and Benediction
Notes from this Service: