This year, it feels especially important to reflect on our coming back together after our summer activities. We’ve been apart in some form or another for two and a half years. Let’s celebrate coming back together in multigenerational worship with stories and song – and of course, blending water that’s meaningful to us.
Bring your water to the service, or drop it off with Rev. Karen at Reeb on Friday 9/9 between 6:00 and 7:30 pm, or Saturday 9/10 between 4:00 and 6:00 pm. Karen will be inside the building during these times – please text her when you arrive.
We will have live music from our Sacred Breath choir this Sunday, and all are welcome to sing (masked).
After the service, you’re invited to a special coffee hour. We’ll celebrate being able to gather over cake and beverages, and celebrate our choir’s dedication and perseverance during the isolation of Covid. And the family gathering will begin in the multipurpose room at 11:30. Virtual coffee hour will also happen as usual for folks on Zoom.
If Sunday morning comes around and you decide to attend in person but haven’t registered, you are still welcome. You will just have to sign in when you arrive.
Share the Plate
The Share the Plate partner for September 4th and 11th is the UW Nurses Union. More than 2600 registered nurses at UW Health in Madison, Wisconsin who are fighting for quality patient care and recognition of our union. We are front line workers and experts in our field. UW Health is a Level 1 Trauma Center which is vital to our entire healthcare system and we have worked through a global pandemic. They are asking for a seat at the table in decision making so they can advocate for the community and themselves.
Order of Service
- Gathering Song: #188 “Come, Come, Whoever You Are”
- Centering Sound
- Prelude: “Creation of Peace” by Mark Miller
- Call to Worship
- Opening Song: “Welcome Home” by Becky Post
- Lighting the Chalice
- Musical Response
- Story Wisdom: “Tale of the Journeying Stream,” a Sufi parable
- Reflection with Mandy Nachampassack-Maloney
- Movement Meditation
- Wisdom Reading: “River” by Lynn Ungar
- Reflection: “Flowing Like Time” with Rev. Karen Armina
- Song: #1015 “I Know I Can”
- Water Communion and Blessing
- Offering: “What Does the Lord Require of You” by Mark Miller
- Extinguishing the Chalice and Benediction